The Ragone Center aspires to be the leading resource in the study and practice of accounting and, through an active and strong strategic partnership between Rutgers School of Business-Camden and the professional accounting community in Southern New Jersey and the wider Delaware Valley region, strengthen accounting’s role as a key contributor to the region’s economic vitality.
Our mission is to educate and train the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders in the field of accounting. The center will facilitate discussion between accounting professionals and the academic community on current knowledge and ideas through continuing education programs, CPA courses, joint research projects, conferences, seminars, etc. The center will also serve as a professional research and learning hub for the wider Delaware Valley region.
- To have the highest number of accounting majors attaining their CPA certification within 16 months after graduation.
- To ensure that the accounting field has a steady pipeline of well-trained and qualified talent.
- To deliver a sustained program of continuing education, executive training, clinics, symposia, etc. for accounting professionals and corporate leaders.
- To connect best practices in the field with the accounting curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students.
- To develop a Rutgers-Camden professional and learning community around the field of accounting by way of student affinity groups, alumni affinity organizations, etc.